Hessian Bag / Worm Blanket
- Suitable for the all Worm Farms
- Made from 100% natural fibres
The good 'ol Hessian bag is a perfect compliment to your worm farm system.
Hessian (AKA burlap) is a woven material made from Jute. Jute is a fibrous material made from the cellulose and lignin found in plants and vegetables.
Hessian bags are great for your worm farm for a number of reasons:
- provides a source of carbon
- made from natural plant material so it is safely biodegradable
- being fibrous, that helps break down your wooden sticks or pieces from the mulch you may add
- the woven structure allows it to absorb water making it a great damp material, while also a good diffusion of oxygen which worms naturally need
In summary, Worms love Hessian bags for all the above benefits duplicating as well as a food source.